Allan Hansen writes:
That's interesting. >
I run Mailman 2.1.5 (Mac OS X 10.4) and have the 'problem' that
when someone posts to two lists at a time, I get only one message. I
actually do want to get both for archival purposes. If this is not a
function of Mailman 2.1.5, I wonder where the other message is
cut. :-)
What do you mean by "get"? I "get" both messages in my system
mailbox, but because I have duplicate suppression on in my MUA, I only
"see" one. The MUA automatically skips any message with a Message-ID
that it has already seen.

I would assume you've got a similar feature, perhaps not in your MUA
but in the MDA or MTA.

(No need for action from anyone - I was just mumbling aloud). >
Allan

At 16:49 -0800 12/14/07, Mark Sapiro wrote:
Gruver, Sandi wrote:

Does the 'no dupes' option mean that members will not receive a messages
sent to more than one list to which they are subscribed?

No. It only means that a member will not receive the post from the list
if (s)he in specifically addressed in To: or Cc: of the post.

If you have lists with duplicate members which are frequently cross
posted, the new sibling lists 'exclude' feature in Mailman 2.1.10 can
be used to avoid these duplicate messages.

Allan Hansen
P.O Box 2423
Cypress, CA 90630
U.S.A.