Hi all,

Thanks for the replies so far.
From: "Shadow" <Shadow at shadowsnetwork.com>
I would say that this line shows the problem
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 <newlist at mydomain.co.uk>: invalid address
Yes, I agree.. but I'm not sure how to add a mail alias to my domain
if not through the admin console.

From: Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org>
Option #2 would probably be closest, but what you'd have to do is
to set up the ten aliases needed for each list to be forwarded to a
local program on the machine. If your hosting provider doesn't
allow that, then you can't use their interface to set up aliases.
I have root access, so it should be possible, I just don't know how.

If your provider is using an MTA like postfix, with the right
options specified in the Mailman configuration file then you can
use mechanisms built into Mailman that can automatically generate
the necessary aliases for you, and postfix will automatically pick
up those changes on-the-fly. However, this also requires
modification to the postfix configuration files, and if your
provider doesn't allow that, then obviously this won't be an option
for you.
It sounds, from what you are saying, that I shouldn't need to set the
aliases up manually via the management console if Postfix is
correctly integrated. I looked through the Mailman manual, at the bit
which says Postfix Integration, but to be honest, it was all greek to
me.

Anyone care to help me through it?

Many thanks,

Noel da Costa

Lead Developer
Magnet Harlequin

T: 01895 432400
F: 01895 432444
E: noel.dacosta at magharl.co.uk
W: http://www.magharl.co.uk

This e-mail is intended solely for the addressees named above and any
other
use is prohibited. Access to this email by anyone else is
unauthorised. It
may contain confidential information. If you have received this e-
mail in
error, please contact the sender by return e-mail. We do not accept
legal
responsibility for the contents of this message if it has reached you
via
the internet. Any opinions expressed are those of the author and are not
necessarily endorsed by the company. Recipients are advised to apply
their
own virus check to this message and all incoming e-mail on delivery.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 2, '07 at 3:54p
activeDec 2, '07 at 4:20p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Noel da Costa: 1 post Brad Knowles: 1 post