On 10/1/07, J.R. Constance wrote:

I have been attempting, unsuccessfully, to configure SpamAssassin to
work with my Mailman installation using the "Add
"Global_Pipeline.inster(1,'SpamAssassin')" method (from FAQ 4.23). I
am hoping that someone who has been successful at implementing this
will be able to help me out.
That's not really the recommended way to perform anti-spam filtering
on your system. All anti-spam/anti-virus filtering really should be
integrated into your MTA and done before you tell the other end "250
Okay" at the end of the SMTP dialog.

Otherwise you're accepting spam and taking the serious risk that
you'll generate a backscatter bounce to a forged address.

See FAQ 6.12 for one take on this type of solution. And don't ignore
FAQ 4.64, either.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 1, '07 at 7:50p