Chris Waltham wrote:
I have a new server called bingham.testing.bowdoin.edu, which has a
CNAME in DNS so that newlists.bowdoin.edu points to
bingham.testing.bowdoin.edu. Because bingham will do other things
than just Mailman, I wanted this flexibility. I compiled Mailman
with --with-mailhost=newlists.bowdoin.edu and --with-
urlhost=newlists.bowdoin.edu so that I can make as few changes to
mm_cfg.py as necessary.

So, I'll create a list called "testing" on the machine that is
bingham.testing.bowdoin.edu (but Mailman believes it's
newlists.bowdoin.edu). I can email testing at newlists.bowdoin.edu and
subscribe myself to the list and post to the list successfully.
However, when I click "Reply" to a message posted to the testing
list, the email address displayed is
testing at bingham.testing.bowdoin.edu instead of
testing at newlists.bowdoin.edu.

I believe this is the exact issue of the FAQ at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.022.htp>

The solution is to not use a CNAME for newlists.bowdoin.edu, use an A
record with the same address as bingham.testing.bowdoin.edu.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 19, '07 at 3:27p
activeSep 19, '07 at 3:47p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Chris Waltham: 2 posts Mark Sapiro: 1 post