Mark Sapiro wrote:
Jeffrey Rice wrote:
I am setting up Mailman to run with my chrooted Lighttpd installation.

Mailman is not designed or intended to be run in this way. Mailman is
normally installed with all of its files and directories in Mailman's
group with appropriate group permissions and the cgi-bin wrappers run
as SETGID.
Thank you for the reply. I have actually made some good progress on
this. The biggest thing I did that helped was switch from the Debian
package, which scatters files across the system, to compiling from
source and pointing it (./configure --prefix) to a directory inside the
jail. This worked much better, since everything was in the some tree,
and I only had a few permissions to sort out.

So far, it appears to work well. I have one error with the postalias
call, but since I'm using postfix-to-mailman.py I don't think I need it
and the list is created despite that crash.

Once I have done more testing, I will try to write this up (maybe for
the Wiki?) if it seems it would be helpful.

Jeff

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 28, '07 at 4:33p