We are migrating about 300 lists from majordomo to mailman and would like
some help finding how to setup a few properties. We've worked at this a
while and been unable to find where/how to set these. (See below for
background.)

1. We don't want any 'list owners' or 'moderators'. Just we lucky few
admins will run the lists.

2. We want the majority of the lists to be open for users to
subscribe/unsubscribe without any passwords required.

3. We want the other very few lists to be setup so only the single list
admin(s) adds and removes names from the list.

4. All of the lists are for broadcast only with the majority being used by
automated processes that do not react nicely to bounces or other
administrivia and are not members of each list.

Background:

We are producing a large mechatronics application with ~700
developers/testers, etc. Our bug tracking, build and other automated
systems generate emails that get broadcast via these lists (the majority of
them). The other lists are used by admins for system outage and other such
communications.

Alan E (Nick) Nicoll

DocuSP Problem System Administrator

Xerox Corporation

Xerox Centre Drive, MS: ESC1-615

El Segundo, CA 90245

Phone 310 333-5081 Internal 8*823-5081

Fax 310 333-6898

alan.nicoll at xerox.com

XEROX

Technology Document Management Consulting Services

www.xerox.com

solely for the use of the addressee. If you have received this email in
error please delete it. Any views or opinions presented in this email are
solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of Xerox
Corporation. Finally, the recipient should check this email is authentic and
examine it for the presence of viruses. Xerox does perform virus checks but
cannot accept liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by
this email.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 22, '07 at 11:48p