Sorry for delay, it was holidays time and today i've returned.

When i try to send a mail with a from like this:

From: test <prova at uab.cat>

It works fine and mail arrived to list.

Problem seems to appear when From line exceeds certain number of
characters (>50) and contains accents, when it occurs From line splits
in two, and mail didn't arrive to destiny list. Another problem comes
when system tries to send returned mail to sender and From line didn't
exist, then sender never knows that its mail hasd not arrived to list.

Thanks!

Mark Sapiro escribi?:
Jes?s Oliv?n wrote:

Yes, patch is installed.

Sorry, pattern was *@uab.cat, but we own uab.es too.

When message is sent, we receive this response:

El missatge adjunt ha estat autom?ticament descartat.

Asunto:
tttt
De:
test12345?6789-12345?6789-12345?6789-12345?6789-12345?6789- <prova at uab.cat>

So it appears that with the patch installed, Mailman is properly
unfolding and decoding the the folded RFC 2047 encoded From: header in
the post.

Fecha:
Wed, 04 Jul 2007 13:57:02 +0200

Para:
prova-rest-l at llistes.uab.es

However, I find it very curious that this 'forwarded post' seems to be
missing the Date:, From:, Subject and To: headers from the original
post and the User-Agent: header has been changed to 'Agente de
usuario::'.

What happens if you attempt to post a message with simply

From: test <prova at uab.cat>

instead of the RFC 2047 encoded and folded From: header?

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 27, '07 at 11:06a
activeAug 2, '07 at 3:16p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 6 posts Jesús Oliván: 6 posts