Subject: Cron <mailman at list1> /usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests
To: mailman at list1.domain.com
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
main()
File "/usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 86, in main
mlist.send_digest_now()
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 60, in send_digest_now
ToDigest.send_digests(self, mboxfp)
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 132, in send_digests
send_i18n_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 306, in send_i18n_digests
msg = scrubber(mlist, msg)
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 265, in process
url = save_attachment(mlist, part, dir)
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 359, in save_attachment
fnext = os.path.splitext(msg.get_filename(''))[1]
File "/usr/lib/mailman/pythonlib/email/Message.py", line 731, in get_filename
return unicode(newvalue[2], newvalue[0] or 'us-ascii')
LookupError: unknown encoding: -86400-[ERROR:_getenv_

There is probably also a similar errer for each post in Mailman's error
log.

The underlying problem may be a malformed message in the list's
digest.mbox file, but there is also a bug in some versions of the
email library having to do with decoding RFC 2231 encoded headers that
is more likely the issue.

Examine the list's digest.mbox file. I believe you will find a a
message with an attachment with a Content-Disposition: header with a
RFC 2231 encoded filename parameter and an apostrophe (') in the name.
Something like

filename*0*=us-ascii'en'first part of name
filename*1*=some more of name

with one or more apostrophes in the name text.

If you edit this name to remove the apostrophe(s) from the name, but
not the ones delimiting the character set and language parameters, the
not occur.

You can then run bin/unshunt to deliver the messages that were shunted
because of this error, but first examine the *.pck files in
qfiles/shunt to be sure there aren't any old, stale ones you don't
want, and remove any unwanted ones before runing unshunt. You can
examine the contents of these files with bin/show_qfiles or bin/dumpdb.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 24, '07 at 12:48p
activeJul 25, '07 at 1:54p