Hello,

In order to utilize my site's dynamic header, footer, banner ad programs,
etc., I am generating the mailman HTML enveloping content with a Perl script,
and calling mailman's cgi scripts, as appropriate, using a shell command.
Example below:

$listinfo_output = `/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo`;

Note backticks to invoke this script from the shell in my Perl script.

This successfully loads the variable "$listinfo_output" with the output from
the mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo command, from there I can print or extract
content from the HTML as useful.

My problem is, to get any list-specific output from the mailman/cgi-bin/*
scripts, I need to be able to pass the listname to the script - and I can't
figure out how to do this with the shell command. If I follow the standard
syntax from the web (e.g. `/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo/somelist`) the
shell looks for a non-existent program in the non-existent listinfo directory
(listinfo is, of course, a script).

Using the scheme outlined above, how can I pass the listname to the various
cgi-bin scripts from mailman to capture their list-specific output for
customized pages?

I do realize there are templates for customizing the HTML, but these are not
useful for server side include files and scripts, on which my site depends
heavily.

Thanks in advance... :o)

Bob R

groupmailman-users @