BobLaJolla wrote:
My problem is, to get any list-specific output from the mailman/cgi-bin/*
scripts, I need to be able to pass the listname to the script - and I can't
figure out how to do this with the shell command. If I follow the standard
syntax from the web (e.g. `/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo/somelist`) the
shell looks for a non-existent program in the non-existent listinfo directory
(listinfo is, of course, a script).

Using the scheme outlined above, how can I pass the listname to the various
cgi-bin scripts from mailman to capture their list-specific output for
customized pages?

You need to do what your web server does. Namely, in the above example,
it sets

PATH_INFO='/somelist'

in the environment it passes to the CGI. In general, an HTTP GET for a
URL like <http://example.com/mailman/wrapper/more/stuff?query> will
result in the web server setting

PATH_INFO='/more/stuff'
QUERY_STRING='query'

(and a bunch of other stuff, most of which we don't look at) in the
environment it passes to the wrapper.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 17, '07 at 5:49p