I've applied changes in my regexp like u said, thanks!

and this is the From line you requested:

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?123456789-123456789-12345678é9-123456789-123456789? =?ISO-8859-1?Q?-123456789-123456789-?= <ccmjs at cc.mynet.com>

This one comes from a mail that has not beed accepted by mailman,
although address in from is allowed by regexp in Allowed senders.

Thanks for your help.

Mark Sapiro escribi?:
Jes?s Oliv?n wrote:
i'm using mailman 2.1.5 on a Solaris box, and i've got a very rare issue...

if i try to post a list using a non-suscribed email address, and this
email address is included in non-suscribers allowed senders, it accepts
my post... but if i use a regular expression like this
^[A-Za-z0-9.\-_%]+@[A-Za-z0-9.-]*mynet.com$ and try to post using a from
line using more than 30 characters (from line splits in two in mail
header then) and an accent. Then, mailman doesn't accept this mail and
return it to me, although this email address is under my.net.com domain.

First, while it is not the issue you are asking about, your regexp is
probably more liberal than you want. I suggest something like

^[A-Za-z0-9.\-_%]+@([A-Za-z0-9.-]*\.)?mynet\.com$

to preclude matching things like

user at xyz.aaamynet.com

and

user at host.mynetxcom

As far as your question is concerned, the sender address is retrieved
from the From: header using Python email library methods and
functions. If there is a bug there, we'd have to see an exact copy of
the split From: header to check that out.

Also, when your MUA folds the from header into multiple lines, it
should not be folding inside the email address. If by chance, it is,
then it is your MUA that is at fault.

In any case, I don't understand why this would affect only a regexp
match and not a string match. The address that is being checked is the
same in both cases.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 27, '07 at 11:06a
activeAug 2, '07 at 3:16p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 6 posts Jesús Oliván: 6 posts