Aaron Schubert wrote:
When sending an email message to a test list on our mailman list server I receive the following error in the sendmail maillog. Here is the maillog entry.

Jun 21 13:55:50 listserv1 sendmail[4764]: l5LItoG2004763: to="|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post unixtest", ctladdr=(8/0), delay�:00:00, xdelay�:00:00, mailer=prog, pri0989, dsn=5.3.0, stat=unknown mailer error 2

I am not sure what is happening but it looks like the error is when it tries to post. Does anyone know what the stat=unknown mailer error 2 means and how to correct it? Any help would be appreciated.

It means the /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman wrapper exited with a
"group mismatch" error. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&fileúq06.016.htp>
for more generic info on this error and its correction.

There is a more detailed error message that may not be in your MTA logs
but should at least be in the DSN returned to the poster. This
detailed message will tell you as what group the wrapper was invoked
and what group was expected.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 21, '07 at 7:03p
activeJun 21, '07 at 10:07p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Aaron Schubert: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post