Thank you all for your comments. They have been helpful.
On Apr 27, 2007, at 1:37 PM, I wrote:

Can a copyright notice containing the sender's name be
automatically placed in regular mailman list messages?
My inquiry was technical, not legal, social, or creative.

The justification for what I asked about is "Because my (paying) client wants
it". Unless there is possible harm and his lawyer objects, this is good
enough for me.

Perhaps I should have asked instead: "Where are is the documentation stating
what (if any) fields are available for insertion into default header and
footer blocks?".

~From the responses so far, I think "Mailman doesn't provide the facility and
or field" is the answer.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 27, '07 at 6:37p