Wei Yu wrote:
The default url of Mailman is /mailman/. But I want to change it to some
/q/mailman/.
Unfortunately, /q/ is mapped by using "ScriptAlias", it means that
"ScriptAlias /q/mailman/" will be overrided by /q/.
I tried to make a symbol link to the mailman cgi-bin directory under /q/ but
mailman failed to work.

This is really a question about your web server, not Mailman, but
assuming Apache, you might be able to do this as follows:

Assume your existing ScriptAlias /q/ is

ScriptAlias /q/ /path/to/q/cgi-bin/

You could change it to

ScriptAliasMatch /q/(?!mailman/)(.*) /path/to/q/cgi-bin/$1

If Apache recognizes that negative lookahead assertion (and I'm not
sure it does), this will do the same as the original except for
/q/mailman/. Then you can add your "ScriptAlias /q/mailman/" and it
won't be preempted by "ScriptAlias /q/".

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 14, '07 at 5:39p
activeMar 16, '07 at 5:48a