I have a client who is receiving messages from a Mailman list I run that
aren't showing up as expected. The list is supposed to be converting to
plain text and this works fine for me (I use Thunderbird). My client on
the other hand was getting the messages with a non-plain text font. She
uses Outlook. After much fumbling around I noticed that the encoding of
these messages are reported as Central European by Outlook. If I
manually change the encoding on these messages to West European the
messages look as I would expect.

I cannot figure out why these messages are showing up with Central
European encoding. All of the settings in Outlook are set to what I
would expect for a US user. I can't find anything that would point to
Outlook converting the message to Central European encoding. The same
message received by me in Thunderbird show up correctly with Western
encoding.

She is also receiving messages from other sources and they are showing
up with the correct plain text font as set in Outlook. In seems that she
is only having problems with messages from my Mailman server.

Does anybody have any guesses as to what might be happening?

Thanks,

Paul Navarre

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 15, '07 at 5:23a
activeFeb 16, '07 at 4:20p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 2 posts Paul Navarre: 1 post