Phil usps wrote:
I understand how to make a list not show up on the mailing list overview
page by setting the privacy option-- Advertise this list to NO. However, I
do not understand why this causes the list to no longer show up on the Admin
Links page. As Site administrator, I want to easily see all the lists.

Since anyone (and any spambot) can visit the admin overview page, it is
not effective to hide a list from the listinfo overview and continue
to expose it on the admin overview.

How can I make them all show on up the Admin Links page? If that is not
possible, how can I see a listing of all the lists? I cannot find an answer
in the FAQs.

If you are willing to patch Mailman to do this, it is fairly simple to
modify Mailman/Cgi/admin.py to skip the 'advertised' test.

There is also the command line tool bin/list_lists.

Also, you may be interested in the thread beginning at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-October/046952.html>.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 18, '06 at 7:01p