# Envelope sender (bounces) is always the site list.
envsender = 'mailman at name.com'

Is it possible for :
lista -admin -bounce -owner -confirm etc to go to name1 at name.com
listb -admin -bounce -owner -confirm etc to go to name2 at name.com
listc -admin -bounce -owner -confirm etc to go to name3 at name.com

I have looked at the post at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-February/049229.html>
and the surrounding thread. I am still a bit hazy on this as it
relates to the -admin, -owner, -confirm, etc. addresses since the
SMTPDirect.py modification only deals with bounces by effectively
replacing the -bounces address with the address of the site list.

The prior thread seems to indicate that using aliases was problematic
because more than one server was involved and you didn't have access
to the incoming mail server for the domain. If it is the case that all
the list mail comes to your server somehow and is then delivered to
Mailman via aliases, then as Patrick suggests, you can use these
aliases to send the mail anywhere you want.

If you want to address just bounces in the same manner as your current
SMTPDirect.py modification that changes

# Calculate the non-VERP envelope sender.
envsender = msgdata.get('envsender')
if envsender is None:
if mlist:
envsender = mlist.GetBouncesEmail()
else:
envsender = Utils.get_site_email(extra='bounces')

# Envelope sender (bounces) is always the site list.
envsender = 'mailman at example.com'

You could instead change it to

# Envelope sender (bounces) is always the first list owner.
if mlist:
envsender = mlist.owner[0]
else:
envsender = 'mailman at example.com'

This would set the envelope sender of any message sent on behalf of a
list to the first address in the 'owner' attribute, and set it to the
fixed address if there wasn't a specific list involved.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 9, '06 at 6:39p
activeSep 22, '06 at 2:48p