# Envelope sender (bounces) is always the site list.
envsender = 'mailman at name.com'

Is it possible for :
lista -admin -bounce -owner -confirm etc to go to name1 at name.com
listb -admin -bounce -owner -confirm etc to go to name2 at name.com
listc -admin -bounce -owner -confirm etc to go to name3 at name.com

Thanks
Tom

On 2/12/06, Mark Sapiro wrote:

Tom Kavanaugh wrote:
If you're thinking that you can get around the issue by having all
bounces
from any list be
returned to the 'mailman' list posting address, you could do this in the
source code, but >not by using aliases on mine.name.com.

Yes, this is precisely what I want to accomplish. Could you point me to some
place, or the portion of the code that needs to be tinkered with. I am not a
perl/python person, so this is going to be a huge learning curve for me.

There are two obvious ways that jump to mind.

The first, which will address the bounce issue for all mail, is the
following code at the beginning of the process() function in
Mailman/Handlers/SMTPDirect.py

# Calculate the non-VERP envelope sender.
envsender = msgdata.get('envsender')
if envsender is None:
if mlist:
envsender = mlist.GetBouncesEmail()
else:
envsender = Utils.get_site_email(extra='bounces')

which could simply be replaced by something like

# Envelope sender (bounces) is always the site list.
envsender = 'mailman at name.com'

Don't worry about VERP because it is calculated from envsender.

Another way to do it would be to modify the getListAddress() method
definition in Mailman/MailList.py to just return 'mailman at name.com'
when extra is not None and similarly modify get_site_email() in
Mailman/Utils.py to ignore the extra argument.

Then it might be possible to do it in your outgoing MTA, not with
aliases, but with some kind of rewrite of the envelope sender on
outgoing mail if your MTA supports such a thing.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 9, '06 at 6:39p
activeSep 22, '06 at 2:48p