Hello

I have just installed Mailman 2.1.8 on an OpenSuSE 10.1 running on AMD64 system.

I made the installation through YAST and it comes directly from the DVD downloaded from OpenSuSE site.

The installation itself went quite easily and through the web interface I was able to make a new list and even got the email saying so.

But (isn't there always a BUT?) then the problems started. When I try to send email to the list the postfix gives the following problem:

< apps.rbm-toolbox.net #5.0.0 X-Postfix; Command died with status 1: "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post testplk-l">

In the mail log I also get a line:
fatal: execvp /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman: Operation not permitted

I have digged quite a lot of net and found out that others have had the same problem, but either there's no solution given or the solutions don't help.

Though this is a new installation, I have been running mailman on other servers and never earlier bumped into this kind of problem.

I will be providing more information if needed.

Looking for your help

Hannu Niemi

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 10, '06 at 5:01p
activeAug 11, '06 at 4:58a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Niemi Hannu: 3 posts Ralf Hildebrandt: 1 post