Mark Sapiro wrote:
There is a malformed message - something wrong with an attachment
filename - in lists/<listname>/digest.mbox for the offending list.

See
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-May/051147.html>
where the actual message problem is different, but the solution is the
same.

BTW, I don't think it is mentioned in the above thread, but after
fixing the problem in digest.mbox, you can run bin/unshunt to
reprocess the shunted messages, but before doing that, look at all the
messages in the shunt queue (qfiles/shunt/*) with bin/show_qfiles or
bin/dumpdb, to make sure there aren't old, no longer wanted messages
there. If there are unwanted messages in the shunt queue, just remove
the unwanted files before running bin/unshunt.
it was kinda urgent, that's why i tried on the list first. after that i did
some search and found the solution, exactly what you said.
thx a lot for the help tho.

after solving this, i figured, on my lists nobody ever uses digest mode, so i
just disabled it on all lists, then deleted digest.mbox. i guess with this
setup, if a list gets a broken message which mailman can't handle, it will be
shunted and that's it, the rest of the list and messages won't be affected,
am i right?

and what happens with the archiving? the message gets archived before, or
after a successful delivery? in another words, is there a chance that a
broken message will be archived?

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 27, '06 at 9:14a
activeMay 27, '06 at 7:30p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 4 posts Imre Gergely: 2 posts