From: mailman-users-bounces+g.p.defryn=massey.ac.nz at python.org
[mailto:mailman-users-bounces+g.p.defryn=massey.ac.nz at python.org] On
Behalf Of Todd Zullinger
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 1:15 PM
To: mailman-users at python.org
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] FW: Install issues

Defryn, Guy wrote:
I did run genaliases and that generated the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./genaliases", line 116, in ?
main()
File "./genaliases", line 106, in main
MTA.create(mlist, nolock=True, quiet=quiet)
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py", line 232, in create
_update_maps()
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py", line 53, in
_update_maps
raise RuntimeError, msg % (acmd, status, errstr)
RuntimeError: command failed: /usr/sbin/postalias /etc/mailman/aliases
(status:
1, Operation not permitted)
This is most likely FAQ 6.9:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&fileúq06.009.htp
I get a "RuntimeError: command failed: /usr/sbin/postalias" when
creating lists and Postfix is my MTA

Check that and adjust the paths as appropriate for FC5.
I also have the mailman list. Setup and subscription worked fine
but when I post to list I get error that says:

< it022607.mydomain.com #5.0.0 X-Postfix; Command died with status 1:
"/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman">

I assume that this is a permission issue?
It appears to be. It may be caused by SELinux instead of just normal
file system permissions. Do you have SELinux running in enforcing
mode? Run the getenforce command as root to find out if you're
unsure. If it's in enforcing mode, you're going to want to set it to
permissive or disable it for now as there are problems making mailman
and postfix work. I've posted about this to the fedora-selinux-list
and not gotten any real solution yet. I'll hopefully get a chance to
submit a bug to Fedora on this so it can get fixed, but for now, it's
a no go unless you are real adept at managing SELinux (which I think
only a very small handful of folks are).

- --
Todd OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xD654075A | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp
=====================================================================I like this 'God'; he's so deliciously evil.
-- Stewie Griffin

Searchable Archives:
Unsubscribe:
http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/g.p.defryn%40massey
.ac.nz

Security Policy:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&amp;fileúq01.027.htp

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 25, '06 at 11:41p
activeMay 26, '06 at 3:12a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Defryn, Guy: 3 posts Todd Zullinger: 2 posts