Patrick Bogen wrote:
On 5/25/06, Steve Quezadas wrote:

This indicates that mailman has sent a probe. IF the probe bounces, as
well, then the user should be disabled.

Patrick is correct. If

VERP_PROBES = Yes

in mm_cfg.py, when the score reaches threshold, a probe is sent and the
score is reset to 0. The user's delivery is only disabled if the probe
bounces.

But shouldn't it automatically disable the account? And should it tell
me, the administrator of the bounce? I set all the notifications
message options to "yes". Also, the settings I set in bounce processing
I don't know about the notifications, sorry.

Here too, the notice is only sent for the probe bounce. If the probes
don't bounce, there's no notice and no disable.

Probes can fail to bounce for several reasons. If the bounce is full
mailbox, the probe may be small enough to fit. The VERP like token in
the probe may cause delivery problems. Also, there is the insidious
problem that the probe token is a normal 'pending confirmation' with a
lifetime of PENDING_REQUEST_LIFE (default 3 days). If the bounce is
for some 'retryable' reason like a DNS timeout, server connect time
out, etc., the probe may not bounce for say 5 days in which case the
token may have expired and the probe bounce will never be recorded.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 25, '06 at 9:41p
activeMay 26, '06 at 7:31p