There sure is, for Mailman 2.1.5 (and I belive earlier versions as
well):

go to Privacy > Sender filters > scroll down to "Action to take for
postings from non-members for which no explicit action is defined" (near
the bottom) > set to Discard, yahoo no more pestering.

Some other good options on that page & others, look through and read
each page in the admin section.

Regards,
Tom Wolfe