be possible:

To: list-request at domain.com
From: myemail at address.com
Subject:
subscribe
set delivery off

.... I tried it, and naturally it didn't work. But is something like this
possible?

I'm making a list that will have an easy-to use web interface to access
list archives, with mailman as the backend--but don't want people to get
email from the list unless they abosultely want it; yet I want only
subscribers to be able to post...

Thanks,
Tom Wolfe

groupmailman-users @