Lori Christensen wrote:
We are currently trying to implement mailman lists on
our campus. Implementation of normal lists has gone well but when we
try to set up an umbrella list it doesn't seem to work. It shows the
lists as subscribed to the main list and we've set the privacy options
but somewhere we must have something selected or not selected that makes
them run properly. Is it possible for you to send a link that would show
how both the main list of the umbrella list is set up and also how the
sub lists within it are set up? We have a feeling it may be we don't
have something chosen correctly.

It might be easier if you just told us exactly what happens when a post
is sent to the umbrella list and exactly what privacy options you have
set.

Note the following:

A post to the umbrella must come from a member of the umbrella list or
someone in accept_these_nonmembers of the umbrella (see
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?funcÞtail&aid20144&group_id3&atid00103>
for a way to include the members of the sub lists) or
default_nonmember_action for the umbrella must be accept (or at least
not reject or discard). Similar considerations apply to the sub-lists
with respect to the address the sub-list will determine sent the post.

The umbrella should be in acceptable_aliases of the sub-lists or they
should have require_explicit_destination set to No.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 17, '06 at 9:16p
activeMay 19, '06 at 11:03p