Mike Brudenell wrote:
Things have been going very well, except I've just noticed that messages
I'm sending out to my test list are coming through with the header:

To: testlist at lists.york.ac.uk

Because that's how you addressed the message you sent.

However given I had set the list's 'Description' setting to "A test list" I
was instead expecting it to be:

To: A test list <testlist at lists.york.ac.uk>

If the list is anonymous, that's what the From: header will look like,
but Mailman doesn't change the To: header unless the list is fully
personalized in which case, the To: becomes the message recipient, not
the list.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 7, '06 at 3:30p
activeApr 10, '06 at 3:47p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mike Brudenell: 2 posts Mark Sapiro: 2 posts