On May 3, 2005, at 06:07, Chris Serenil wrote:

I have just installed Mailman 2.1.15 with the htdig
patch 444884 and 444879. The search fails when I have
a list name with a dot in it. (Example
fa.dl-testlist). I will get these errors when doing a
search. If there is no dot it works fine.

htdig Archives Access Failure
The requested list cannot be accessed. No list -3-
I don't use those patches, but a quick look suggests that the problem
you are having is related to this line in sub doit:
if ($query->param('config') =~ /^([^\.]+)(|\.htsearch)$/) {

I'm guessing it is looking for either a bare listname or
listname.htsearch. The first group which looks for a string of
characters that aren't in the set of '.' and '\' isn't a good choice
for a listname with a dot in it. (I'm guessing that the author
didn't really want a \ there, since IIRC '.' isn't special inside a
Perl character class and so doesn't warrant escaping... but that
isn't the problem you are encountering.) My Perl-foo has weakened
over years of disuse, so it is risky to suggest something I can't
test. But since I didn't see any other replies, you might try
something like:
if ($query->param('config') =~ /^(.*?)(\.htsearch)?$/) {
No warranty is expressed or implied. If it breaks, you get to keep
all the pieces.

I don't know if there are other places in the patches that assume
there are no dots in the listname once you get past this hurdle.

--
Jim Tittsler http://www.OnJapan.net/ GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 2, '05 at 9:07p
activeMay 7, '05 at 7:59a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Jim Tittsler: 1 post Chris Serenil: 1 post