On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 02:34:22PM -0700, Tierra wrote:
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:53:21 -0500, Todd Slater wrote:
I'd be interested in knowing if anybody is successfully using Mailman
under User Mode Linux and what sort of specs this requires. I am trying
it with 64MB RAM and have memory errors, but I'm also running Apache and
Dovecot for IMAP mail. httpd and python seem to use the most memory.
That's running on Fedora Core 2.
Yes, I have it working on a UML instance with only 64mb ram, and 256mb
swap. But you do really have to watch your memory consumption with
Mailman. I've never run Dovecot (I run Courier-IMAP), but so long as
your not running anything else besides what you've mentioned (Dovecot,
Apache, and Mailman), you should be cutting it just about even. I'd
look into cutting some of the un-used modules out of Apache.
I believe Dovecot is supposed to be less resource-intensive than
Courier. I'll try cutting some modules out of Apache. Thanks for the
tip!

Todd

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython