THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! JONC is my Mailman Saviour!

That was a big pain to solve for such a little thing. Do you happen to
know which version of python I would need to use in order to support
USE_CRYPT=1.

So, for all of you who are wondering, here is a summary of the problem
and the solution.

Problem - Mailman appears to work perfectly. The web site works, the
email functions work, but the Administrative section for any mail-list
is inaccesible, in spite of a reset mmsitepass admin password and a
browser that is accepting cookies.

Solution - It appears that all cgi scripts are correct, as the non-admin
section is working, because the admin section uses crypt for the
passwords you must have a version of python installed which supports the
type of crypt used by mailman. To fix the problem either change the
value of USE_CRYPT (to 0 in the file mm_cfg.py ... don't change
Defaults.py) or you can (i guess, i didn't go this route) upgrade python
to the version that supports the crypt that is needed by mailman.

Ben.