On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 02:59:43PM +0200, Peter Bengtson wrote:
A while ago I upgraded from Mailman 2.0.9 to 2.1b1. No problems
encountered. However, I created a new list today using the web
interface. All our other lists use private archives, but this one's
archives should be public. Under 2.1b1, it doesn't work - accesses
result in a "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /pipermail/
on this server", which is strange since private archives work perfectly,
and they use pipermail as well.
That's an apache configuration problem. Make sure you re-read the install
document and the section about configuring apache.
/pipermail should be a map to ~mailman/archives/public/, and doesn't use the
the private CGI.

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f at merlins.org for PGP key

groupmailman-users @