Sounds like a job for a custom pipeline module.
I don't know of any existing module that would do it.

Modifying, say, Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py by some judicious
boilerplating, and then adding it to your list's pipeline variable,
is a relatively-correct-and-robust, if a bit tricky, way to
get what you want.
I asked previously but no one bit so I'll try again. I am using Mailman
2.1b1 and Sendmail. When I used majordomo I could have it serach the body
of a message for "taboo" words and bounce the message for administrative
approval. Is there a way to do this with Mailman or is this something one
has to use procmail or some other external program for?

Has anyone done this sort of thing with a Mailman list?

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 26, '02 at 5:07a
activeMar 26, '02 at 12:52p