On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 12:50:05PM -0500, Jean-Bernard ADDOR wrote:
A traveling list moderator, accessing the web page for administration, can
fall on a browser without cookies. Cookies problem can also appear at the
server side, for instance we have such a problem since one month, when we
updated mailman and python. The problem is very hard to find and our live
is turning into a nightmare since that.
If cookie problems appear at the server side, the only thing i can think
of is that the system clock on the server is incorrect, causing the cookies
to expire immediately.
On the admin page, in case of cookies problem, it is always possible to
introduce the admin passwd in the box "Enter current password:", without
entering nothing in the new password cases. On the contrary, in the
admindb page, there is absolutely no password box, so the only thing we
can do is a cut and past from the web page to a e-mail client and send the
message to the list.
If i understand what you want, this shouldn't be too difficult to implement.
Which version of Mailman are you using? I could make a small patch for you
that adds a password entry input field on the admindb page. But it won't
be an 'offical' patch for MM though... and when you upgrade MM you have to
do it again... (that's what I have to do with most of the things i've
changed in MM myself :) )

Ricardo.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython