On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:36:57AM -0400, Sumana Harihareswara wrote:
Here's a use case I ran into in December: I was editing a private
document in Google Drive and wanted to share it with about 40 people,
all of whom were on the same email thread as me. I ended up spending
many tedious minutes copying and pasting email addresses into the
"Share" dialog box in Google Drive.

My workflow for that is open the mail, copy all the recipients, paste
in to the (advance) share dialog. But that is an annoyance.
Particularly if I need to revoke 187 other users first?

If I were a list owner for a
community that used Google Drive, I bet this sort of need would crop up
several times per year, and I'd wish there were an easy way for me to
import that membership roster into a Google Drive permissions list.

I'd suggest (at a later stage / as an extra plugin) something that
uses the G-docs permissions:insert api function might be useful:

https://developers.google.com/drive/v2/reference/permissions/insert

something that delivers to the user something to copy/paste and run
in their browser ("give list-members access to this Google Drive
Folder/Document").

--
The University of California Department of Statistics...
where mean is normal, and deviation standard

groupmailman-developers @
categoriespython
postedApr 16, '15 at 6:45p
activeApr 24, '15 at 2:36a