On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:36:57AM -0400, Sumana Harihareswara wrote:
Ashish, can you talk a little bit more about the current workflow that
these folks are using (the ones in the scenario you suggested)? I'm used
to seeing word processing and spreadsheet applications that can easily
export to PDF. But maybe you know of a ton of people who need to create
PDFs from list membership rosters, and right now that's a 10-step
process for them (including "import into a Google doc, fiddle with
headers, hit Export and tweak options x and y and z"), and you have an
idea for how we can make that a 4-step process.

Google Sheets (or whatever they're called this week) support a couple
of functions that could hit the relevant API:

IMPORTDATA [for (c|t)sv]: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093335?hl=en

IMPORTHTML [for tables/lists]: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093339?hl=en

Could either of those be an option (steer: user interface has PRODUCE
A SPREADSHEET/EXPORT TO GDOCS)?

Here's a use case I ran into in December: I was editing a private
document in Google Drive and wanted to share it with about 40 people,
all of whom were on the same email thread as me. I ended up spending
many tedious minutes copying and pasting email addresses into the
"Share" dialog box in Google Drive. If I were a list owner for a
community that used Google Drive, I bet this sort of need would crop up
several times per year, and I'd wish there were an easy way for me to
import that membership roster into a Google Drive permissions list.

Google Drive works extremely well with Google Groups? funny that. Part
of that is why for one of the things I do, we've migrated over to
Google Apps; for better integration / easier sharing.

--
"what was asked of the Director in this case was not a statement of
  prosecuting policy but a proleptic grant of immunity from prosecution.

groupmailman-developers @
categoriespython
postedApr 16, '15 at 6:45p
activeApr 24, '15 at 2:36a