On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 07:25:37AM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
Also, I need to figure out a better development platform for Windows
boxes. I had a perfect opportunity to scrap Windows all together when
I had to recover from a hard drive crash on my main development box
last year, but the dice fell the wrong way on that one.
There are lots of options here. As mentioned, virtualbox should be a good
option, and you can probably use something like wubi to create an Ubuntu
desktop running along side Windows.
http://xkcd.com/424/

springs to mind.

(I'm aware a fair few people are moving away from Ubuntu, in favor of
Mint <http://linuxmint.com/>).
Maybe I can organize a sprint at the next PyCon - Migrating to Linux
and killing Windows one PC at a time.
With a python script? ;o)

(a former friend & colleague, Chris Lightfoot[1] wrote evil.c one day; I
mirror it at http://hendricks.amyl.org.uk/~adam/tmp/evil.c-txt --
to Debianize a FBSD box. Console server *highly* recommended. It
worked the few times we used it)

[1] http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/wwwitter/20070305-chris_lightfoot_1978-2007.html

--
War is Peace Freedom is Slavery Ignorance is Strength
1984

groupmailman-developers @
categoriespython
postedMar 16, '12 at 5:41a