On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Ray Allen wrote:
Thanks for the comments.? Taking them onboard, we'd end up with the
following..

"""Example Python Program"""

import random

# Create? list
python = ["Easy to read",
"Fast to code",
"Quick to learn",
"Modular and object oriented"]

# Append list
python.append("Open source and cross platform")

# Shuffle list
random.shuffle(python)

# Loop list
print "Python is ... "
for index, each in enumerate(python):
each is a keyword in other languages (for each foo in bar) so it may
add confusion here.

for feature in python:
print(feature)

I also think we should leave out the comments. at least these. I
doubt anyone puts this level of comment in their code. We want to
keep the snippet short, and I am pretty sure anyone who understands
the comment will also understand the code.
??? print index + 1, each

print "Discover more at http://www.python.org"

It's fewer lines than many 'helloworld!' examples in other languages, but it
demonstrates a few good features without confusing anybody.