Magnus Hagander wrote:
Based on suggestions from Simon (mainly) and a few
others, I've put
up a suggestion for a new layout on the frontpage that shows some
more stuff than before. It's up on
http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/.
Note: The planetpostgresql header currently reads "support us"
pending new image-files from Tom ;-)
I'm not happy about posting planetpostgresql on the front
page. That
gives random individuals unchecked (until after the fact) access to
post on the front page. Seeing that Devrim has in fact in the past
resisted making planetpostgresql.org into planet.postgresql.org to
keep the efforts unrelated, that seems contradictory. What is the
rationale for making this change?
I think that having planetpostgresql on the front page is not
a good idea. Maybe, put it under community instead?
It's already there.

As an example, I use the planetpostgresql blog for a personal blog,
not a professional one. Which means, I very well will put
things up there that really shouldn't be up on the front page
of postgresql.org.

My article on Oil profits being a perfect example.
For that, you should be using categories, and make sure that
www.planetpostgresql.org only carries the PostgreSQL articles. I know
others have done just that (can't remember an example right now, but I
think xzilla does), and it works just fine.

Remember, www.planetpostgresql.org != people.planetpostgresql.org.

//Magnus

grouppgsql-www @
categoriespostgresql