If we find one that *looks good* we can easily re-render all the
headers we have now, so that' snot a problem. But someone
has to tell
us what font to use that actually looks good ;-) There's a
reason this
one was picked in the beginning.
My wife's got an enormous collection of (legally purchased)
fonts from her old desktop-typesetting business. I think
Frutiger Roman is one ... if not she's surely got a close
approximation. What exactly is involved in re-rendering ---
is it something that can be done in Adobe Photoshop?
What's involved is taking a couple of pre-made words/phrases ("LATEST
NEWS", "UPCOMING EVENTS", "SUPPORT US", "SHORCUTS" etc etc) and turn
those into PNGs. In specific colors.

What would be even better is if it's in a font format that can be used
with some commandline tool to generate the files, that way it'll be even
easier if/when we want to change it.

So if you can check if she has Frutiger Roman and can use it, that would
be a big help. What font format would it be in? TTF?

//Magnus

grouppgsql-www @
categoriespostgresql
postedNov 27, '06 at 12:13p