What's involved is taking a couple of pre-made
words/phrases ("LATEST
NEWS", "UPCOMING EVENTS", "SUPPORT US", "SHORCUTS" etc etc) and turn
those into PNGs. In specific colors.
OK, I can manage that, assuming the colors are specified in a
way that Photoshop understands. Where are the existing files
--- I'd like to see if I can duplicate a couple?
Well, they're on the postgresql.org frontpage :_)
http://www.postgresql.org/layout/images/en/hdr_latestnews.png
http://www.postgresql.org/layout/images/en/hdr_upcomingevents.png
http://www.postgresql.org/layout/images/en/hdr_featureduser.png
http://www.postgresql.org/layout/images/en/hdr_supportus.png

etc

What would be even better is if it's in a font format that
can be used
with some commandline tool to generate the files, that way it'll be
even easier if/when we want to change it.
Hmm ... might be possible to render with Ghostscript, but
getting it set up would probably take way more time than
would ever be bought back :-(
Actually, I think you can do that with a simple GD program I've seen
somewhere - gd does libfreetype, which does type1 fonts.

So if you can check if she has Frutiger Roman and can use it, that
would be a big help. What font format would it be in? TTF?
It'd likely be a Postscript font; that's what most of her stuff is.
Ok. Shuold work for both GD and Photoshop then.

//Magnus

grouppgsql-www @
categoriespostgresql
postedNov 27, '06 at 12:13p