Hi. I have just built the latest 6.5 release on Solaris 2.7 with gcc
2.8.1 on a SPARCstation 5 with 96Mb of memory. I have already posted a
bug via the browser about a compilation failure in pl/plpgsql/gram.l.
However, having resolved that, the postmaster fails to acquire some
shared memory when launched. This worked fine with the beta release for
which I acquired the pre-built binaries. This time, the pre-built binary
was not available so I built it locally using all the default options
for ./configure.

The failure:

IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432001,
size=1073152, permission=600
FATAL 1: ShmemCreate: cannot create region

It was launched via:

#!/bin/sh

PGSQL=/usr/local/pgsql

if [ -x $PGSQL/bin/postmaster ]; then
(su pgsql -c "$PGSQL/bin/postmaster -i -S -D $PGSQL/data >>
$PGSQL/server.lo
g" && echo "Started PostreSQL server.") &> /dev/console
fi

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Ivor Durham