Hi

First of all thanks for this great RDBMS tool. I'm using it to build a JDBC based tool.

I found some minor problems during installation:

- install doc: /bin/zcat does not work for .gz files
On Solaris 2.6 the /bin/zcat binary only handles 'compress'ed
files. I had to install the documantation by hand using
gzip -cd <doc_file> | tar xvf -

- Compile Warnings
Although you wrote to not report compile warnings I picked just
these two warnings below because I think they maybe could be a
source of very tricky bugs (and they are easy to fix) ...

gcc -I../../../include -I../../../backend -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -I../.. -c nbtcompare.c -o nbtcompare.o
nbtcompare.c: In function `btoid8cmp':
nbtcompare.c:98: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous `else'

gcc -I../../../include -I../../../backend -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -I../.. -c psort.c -o psort.o
psort.c: In function `initialrun':
psort.c:351: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous `else'

I WAS USING:
PostgreSQL 6.4.2
Solaris 2.6 SPARC
gcc 2.8.1
GNU Make version 3.76.1
flex version 2.5.4

I hope this helps you to improve PostreSQL

Pascal Mueller
<mueller@dial.eunet.ch>

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql