Hello,

I am trying to install postgresql-8.2.1-1 on a VPS server (via Remote Desktop) with Windows Server 2003 (pack 1).

I use the postgresql-8.2.msi installer with:
- installation language = english
- national language support, PL/java, Development files selected
- install a service option checked with postgres user
- initialise database cluster option checked with port 5432, accept connection on all adresses not just localhost option checked, locale English UK, encoding Latin1 and superuser postgres
- PL/pgsql, PL/perl, PL/python selected
- Adminpack selected as contrib module.

I execute the installation as Administrator (usergroup Administrators).
I get the error " Failed to run initdb: 128! " with an error log that is empty.

Googling this error, I can see it is probably something to do with authorisations but I can't figure out what is wrong exactly.

Have you ever encountered this error message? How did you finally fix it?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards,
Anthony

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedFeb 1, '07 at 12:05p
activeFeb 1, '07 at 2:01p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Magnus Hagander: 1 post Anthony herve: 1 post