trying to compile a thread-safe version of PostgreSQL 8.0.3 on IRIX 6.5 with standard C compiler cc there were errors running configure.

Viewing the config.log file, the test program is tried to be linked with "-lpthreads". There is no such library on my system.

Using the configure option LIBS="-lpthread" everything is OK and the binaries are created.

In the end 3 of 96 regression tests failed (float4, float8, geometry), but in my optionion these have nothing to do with threads?

Bye
G. Leykam

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql