On Apr 4, 2005 5:25 PM, Crisan Mircea wrote:

Thanks to Mark Round, the problem is solved. I just have to symlink
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.5 to /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.4 and
it all seems to work.

Um, thanks - but this isn't what I suggested doing :)

While symlinking libraries for backwards compatibility reasons may work in
the short term, it can open up a whole can of worms later on. It seems as
though your version of PostgreSQL is linked to an older version of readline
- the best option would be either to downgrade your version of readline
(assuming nothing else on your system is making use of it), or obtain /
build PostgreSQL linked to a newer version of readline.

-Mark

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 2, '05 at 10:14p