Thanks to Mark Round, the problem is solved. I just have to symlink
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.5 to /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.4 and
it all seems to work.

Mircea

On Apr 2, 2005 3:13 PM, Crisan Mircea wrote:
Hi,
I have just installed Solaris 10 and downloaded postgresql 8.0.1 using
the pkg-get tool.
I have also installed readline 5.0 with the same pk-get tool.
Then I tried ti initialize postgresql by executing initdb but the
follwoing error occured:

bash-3.00# ./initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/
ld.so.1: ./initdb: fatal:
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so/libreadline.so.4: Not a directory
Killed
bash-3.00#

Could someone please help me on this configuration issue ?

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 2, '05 at 10:14p
activeApr 11, '05 at 2:54p