djee
Bcc:
Subject: Re: [PORTS] [GENERAL] Redhat RPMs

Lamar Owen once said:
On Friday 10 October 2003 08:52 pm, Christopher Browne wrote:
Oops! nandrews@investsystems.co.uk ("Nigel J. Andrews") was seen
spray-painting on a wall:
I've not looked at many RPMs but I must say that the few I have have
never been relocatable. Can the postgresql RPMs not be made
relocatable?
I tried this once but had many issues with initdb and a few others IIRC.
The locations of data directories and such was being hard-coded in them at
compile time and I had to do a lot of sed-ing in the specfile to make it
work. I know I accomplished that but ended up hitting a wall with
something ... I'll look in my old mail to remind myself what it was.
It wasn't at that time implemented due to political factors (read: the then
Red Hat maintainer (@redhat.com) refused to include such support even if I
I don't think that applies anymore :) David Jee is the current maintainer
and I'm sure that he'd be open to such suggestions. I've CC'd him.

Andrew

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedOct 14, '03 at 5:15p