Jan de Visser writes:
Furtermore, it does not happen on Linux machines, both single CPU and dual
CPU, nor on single CPU windows machines. We can only reproduce on a dual CPU
windows machine, and if we take one CPU out, it does not happen.
Which showed me that several transactions where waiting for a particular row
which was locked by another transaction. This transaction had no pending
locks (so no deadlock), but just does not complete and hence never
relinquishes the lock.
Is the stuck transaction still consuming CPU time, or just stopped?

Is it possible to get a stack trace from the stuck process? I dunno
if you've got anything gdb-equivalent under Windows, but that's the
first thing I'd be interested in ...

regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-performance @
categoriespostgresql