Bruno Wolff
Simon Riggs wrote:
I guess what I'm saying is it's not how many people you've
got working
on the optimizer, its how many accurate field reports of less-than
perfect optimization reach them. In that case, PostgreSQL
is likely in a
better position than Microsoft, since the accessibility of the pg
discussion lists makes such cases much more likely to get aired.

Any thoughts?
I have seen exactly this happen a number of times over the
last several
years. However there is still only one Tom Lane implementing the
improvements.
...and very few Mr.Microsofts too.

[I'm uncomfortable with, and it was not my intent, to discuss such an
issue with direct reference to particular individuals. There is no
intent to critiscise or malign anybody named]

Regards, Simon