A number of you have pointed out that the last patch had a number of
problems, thank you all. This patchset supercedes all previous versions,
and is the only one that will work against current CVS tip.
patch -p0 < pitr_v5_0.patch
pgarch.c in src/backend/postmaster
pgarch.h in src/include
Read the README - its long and you wont have a clue without it
...remember, you HAVE TO run this on a cluster created by initdb within
the last 2-3 days...
When you perform a recovery, you can use the example recovery.conf
provided here. (Not all of the options work yet...) Just place this file
in PGDATA then crank up the postmaster any way you choose.
- CREATE DATABASE will not be recovered (at present)...create a new
database BEFORE you take a full physical backup
- error handling in the archiver has some issues, and requires a few
- PITR support is partially complete in this patch - its a Work in
Progress (WIP), but doesn't interfere with other operations - I will
continue to work on this
...but this works - so please don't be put off from giving it a try - it
will take a while to get used to the concepts behind it all.
- much of the code for recovery is in xlog.c - refactoring proved
difficult and a big timewaster when the main functions aren't all there
- error messages streamlined
- variable naming more consistent than earlier versions
Best Regards, Simon Riggs