....another full version of patch, now at v4_5
This now includes
- much clearer error messages
- removal of all use of elog
- recoded some scrappy left over code from v1
- improved error checking in some areas
- no new errcodes created...
otherwise, notes as before.
This patch is in need of a full test plan, since the standard regression
tests don't really apply to the situations catered for here. I'll
assemble a document as reports come in from initial use, then we can
perform a full formal test cycle half way through beta.
Best regards, Simon Riggs